What A Difference A Day Makes…

Well, six days to be precise. At any moment, my friend will be banging on my bedroom door looking for fresh herbs to include in his delectable dishes. After all, I did promise him use of the herbs I’m growing.

 

Most of these can be propagated via cuttings. You just know I’m going to do it. The Mint and the two Basils are going to be cut as soon as they’re big enough, dipped in rooting hormone and stuck in my window’s sunniest spots until they sprout roots. Then, I’m putting them in pots and hoping for the best. I still don’t know what kind of mint this is but I’m hoping for peppermint or something equally strong. I have never had natural Spearmint but, if it tastes anything like the spearmint I’m used to tasting, I’m not interested.

 

Prior to this, I’ve never had luck with Genovese Basil. I don’t know if it was the soil I was using, the seeds I bought or just me but it always died on me before it had a chance to grow more than two true leaves. As to the Thai Basil, I’ve never grown it before. So, this is quite a new experience for me smelling the scent of it.

 

Not much is happening today. About the most shocking thing I’ve done, apart from taking all the old leaves off of my scented Pelargoniums is drinking eight cups of water. Oh yeah, I also made some Lemongrass Tea this morning for Breakfast. It was quite delicious.

 

I’m going to do something out of left field considering my past few weeks of non-writing. I’m going to make an attempt on the Melusine story tonight. I’m going to give it six good hours of my time. If it doesn’t come out of my brain within that time, I’ll put it up for the night and try again tomorrow. I really need to get back into gear vis a vis my writing. This is a story I really want to finish. I desperately want to see these characters blossom. Hopefully, my creative juices will be flowing abundantly tonight and everyday hereafter.

 

That’s all I’ve got for blogging. Have a fantastic day. Rolling on the floor laughingRed heartRainbow

Advertisements

Slouching Towards Completion

Hello, Everyone!

 

First, I would like to say Happy Darwin Day to everyone reading this.

 

 

Now, to the projects I’ve been working on. Project number one mentioned in this post is the Cosmos Doily Madness. I am fifty percent completed with that particular lunacy. As I cannot work with the black thread at night without hurting my eyes and giving myself a migraine, I have decided to do it during daylight hours.

 

In the meantime, and to give my hands a rest, I have decided to make my new friend, Valerie’s, Hobbes doll. In the interest of full disclosure, I am not getting paid to make this doll. I just really like creating them. Valerie sent me the yarn, felt and fiber fill. All I have to do is put it together and ship the completed doll back to her. Easy peasy.

 

 

So far, I’ve got the head complete after a few hours of working on it. I gave myself a week to get the doll done but, if I’m going at this rate, I should have it done in two days. We’ll just have to see. I have the arms, legs, ears, tail, muzzle, features and accessories to make and sew on before I’m completed.

 

So far, on the new medication regimen, I am doing exceptionally well. No PTSD nightmares so far, no mood swings, etc. Hardly any anxiety. I’m happy and I hope it stays this way or improves. I have yet to test the boundaries of the agoraphobia but I’m hopeful that this feeling of calm will stay with me.

 

I did do some gardening today. Specifically, I am making another attempt at propagating the African Violets in my care. I took a leaf from each one of the two I have and dusted both with some rooting hormone. Then, I let the pot soak in some water for a few minutes before draining it, putting it under a 32oz clear plastic container and inside a DVD+RW spindle case. Both plants have a lovely purple color. The first is a first time home picture of the older of the two. I got it on 24 April 2014 for .27 cents from the supermarket. It was on its last legs when I bought it and now it’s thriving.

 

 

The second is one I just got a few days ago. I paid $3.99 for it and I think, upon looking at the new flowers coming in, that it’s either a color changing variety or there are two different plants in the pot, each with its own color. Some flowers are coming out lavender and others are coming up indigo. I’ll know for sure in a few months when I feel its ready to be repotted.

 

 

Anyway, from these two plants, I’ve taken one leaf each. Using the method shown on YouTube by M3rma1d, I augmented it a bit by using rooting hormone. This is purely an experiment to see if I can get it to grow at all. I thought that Sansevieria plants couldn’t be grown in water but I’ve managed to do it. I also thought that, once an Aloe Vera was decapitated, the top was unusable. Proved myself wrong with that one too. I currently have one growing downstairs in the living room window along with all the other spillover plants and propagation experiments.

 

If I do manage to get it growing, I will, of course, spread the love around to local people I know. I’m trying to convince the Maternal Parental to take one. We’ll see. 

 

Well, it’s long past due for me to take my medication. Later. Rolling on the floor laughingRed heartRainbow