This completion time is a new record for me. I started working on it on the 12th of February and completed it on the 15th of February.
The result of my efforts may be seen below.
During this endeavor, I’ve discovered just how quickly I can crochet when motivated. I’ve also rekindled my Kurgan crush. I spent a good portion of the making of this doll watching Highlander fan videos featuring The Original Kurgan. *hides head in shame*
For my next project, I’m going to be working on Kathleen’s other doily. This particular doily is called the Coffee Table Topper and I’ve done the pattern before. So, it shouldn’t take me so long to do. An example of my past work is posted below.
The last time I did this doily in a short amount of time, it took me from 11 April 2014 until 15 April 2014 to complete it. I’m hoping to beat that time. No real reason as to why I want to do it quicker beyond wanting to challenge myself.
After I complete this project, I’m going to bust out Bruce’s gloves once and for all before doing the black Cosmos Doilies. Then, I’m going to work on socks for myself and the Maternal Parental. This will be the second time I’ve attempted four socks at a time and I’m pretty nervous about trying but if Melissa Morgan-Oakes can do three at a time with no problems, I’m sure I can do four with some considerable effort.
Lucky for me, the Maternal Parental and I are about the same shoe size give or take half an inch. I can size them for me and, through the magic of the washing machine, they can shrink to her size. The Maternal Parental wants green socks, so I’m making hers using Lion Brand’s Sock-ease in the colorway Green Apple. This will be the first socks I make exclusively for her that are in sock weight yarn. The only socks I made for her thus far have been in worsted/aran weight.
For myself, I’m going to restart Sunshine using Knit Picks Stroll Tonal Sock Yarn I saved from my own enthusiastic stupidity. Without thinking, I wound most of my sock yarn into center pull cakes…double stranded…and thought I was okay. Well, I wasn’t okay. As it turns out…this little thing called Static Electricity also applies to me. I’m not as special as I thought I was. I started unwinding the first center pull skein and I watched, horrified, as my reasonably priced, yet still expensive, yarn began sticking and tangling up the more I pulled it out.
So yeah. Most of my sock yarn is like this now but there’s a workaround that I think will work. I’m going to use the outer end and let it roll around in a bowl or two while I knit. It should negate the effects somewhat. Incidentally, the colorway I’m using is Springtime, which is one of the yarns I painstakingly untangled before my mind finally grasped that I could just feed the yarn into my projects from the outside of the cake. I thought, with this cold and snowy weather we’re having in the North American East that it was inappropriate enough to warrant a few chuckles.
Now, for the work. I’m going to go get cracking on Kathleen’s doily. It won’t get done unless I do it.